Wednesday 29 June 2016

Post Midterm Evaluations

Hi readers,
Finally Midterm evaluations have passed and fortunately I have successfully passed them. As I mentioned in my previous post, phase1 of the project was about to complete as only the testing part was remaining and I am happy that the code is now passing all the tests successfully(sqlite is still failing). Although the code is passing all the tests successfully now but as always there is a problem. Earlier, the styles were stored as python files and all that style manager had to do was to look in certain paths to check for any new styles. As styles are now stored in the database and the testing layer resets the database after each test, we now need to populate the default styles into the database after each test(as create_list function in app/lifecycle.py which is being used in a number of tests requires the 'Legacy Default' style). This has made running tests painfully slow. Earlier running all the tests took about 15 minutes to complete and now it is taking approximately 55 minutes to get completed. Finding a solution to this problem is now at the top of my to do list and I hope that I will be able to find a solution soon.
Besides this, I have started to work on the phase2 of the project(REST API). First step in this direction is to decide where these resources will live in the tree. I am having some ideas and soon I will be discussing them with Barry and others.
There is one more that I forgot to mention that I have again made a small change in the design. As mentioned in earlier posts, styles which used to represent a complete set of attributes are now just a stack a stylets don't need to contain all the styleable attributes.
I am very much excited and ready to get most out of this summer. Stay connected for more.

Thanks,
Harshit Bansal

No comments:

Post a Comment